You can photograph your home like a professional by implementing a handful of easy-to-follow tips that will help attract more potential buyers.
First impressions in real estate are everything. You used to be able to rely on your home’s curb appeal to make your first impression, but now with most homes listed online, each of your pictures needs to make an impact. One way to achieve this is by hiring a professional photographer to take photos of your property, but the project can add up, costing $60-200 per hour (depending on the photog). Instead, you may want to consider taking the photos yourself.
Learn more about ways to improve your home photography skills below.
5 Tips to Photograph Your Home Like an Expert
If you opt for a DIY approach, there are a few things you’ll want to do to make your pictures look like they weren’t taken by an amateur but an experienced professional. Here’s what you can do to elevate the look of your photos:
- Clear Out Clutter — Put your best foot forward by clearing the clutter from your home. Piles of stuff are incredibly distracting and can prevent buyers from seeing the true potential of your property. Get rid of junk piles, clean out pantries, clear off counters, and organize closets.
- Stage Your Space — Showcase the space by arranging the furniture in the room, so there is plenty of walkable space. This will help a potential buyer visualize what it would be like to live there. If you have any additional, unused furniture or oversized pieces that don’t fit, remove them!
- Invest in a Camera — Maybe you already have one, or this is a purchase you’ll need to make, but the camera on your average cell phone typically won’t cut it. However, just about any point-and-shoot digital camera that has five or more megapixels will produce great pictures. You may want to invest in a good tripod, too.
- Find the Right Angle — The ideal real estate photo keeps the viewer engaged and interested. Your picture should allow the eye to travel around the photo. Add as much visual interest to the image as possible without becoming artsy, which is too distracting. A great way to showcase rooms is to shoot them from a doorway or corner to include as much space as possible.
- Natural Light is Your Friend — Natural light will make your photos look immediately better. So, open the window treatments to brighten and lighten your space. Achieve optimal lighting by taking pictures on a day that isn’t too gloomy and overcast. If the windows aren’t cutting it, you can use the camera’s flash, overhead lighting, and lamps; just remember that they may make unsightly shadows.
Contact Texas Sell Now Today!
Whether you opt to photograph your home or hire a professional to do the job, it is time-consuming and can be expensive. Skip this entire tedious process and sell your Dallas or Fort Worth property to Texas Sell Now. There is no need to get your house picture-ready when you sell to us. Forget about the overwhelming cleaning process, lengthy renovations, and costly repairs. We want to buy your home as is — you don’t even need to clean it! Contact Texas Sell Now to close on the sale of your house for cash in as little as one week today.